For details about requirements, preregistration and matriculation, please visit the Escuela de Postgrado’s website or get in touch with the “Secretaría de Alumnos de Posgrado y Estudios Propios”: Colegio de León, C/ Libreros, 21, 28801, Alcalá de Henares, Madrid – email@example.com – Tel.: + 34 91 885 6865 / + 34 91 885 5357 / + 34 91 885 4380
The language of instruction of this Master’s programme is English, therefore applicants must document English language qualifications at the time of formalising registration. At least level C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for languages is required.
If the number of admission requests should exceed the maximum anticipated, the candidates will be selected according to the following criteria:
For the Teaching English through Literature track:
- In-service teachers of English at universities, secondary schools or Official Language Schools
- Those with degrees in English Studies or Certified Foreign Language Teachers (English).
- University degree holders with an interest in the teaching of English.
Note: For points 2 y 3 the average mark of the student record and the Curriculum Vitae will be taken into account, valuing mainly the teaching experience developed, as well as the attendance to courses related to teaching.
For the Teaching through English in Bilingual Schools track:
- In-service primary or secondary school teachers of English involved in bilingual education programmes.
- In-service primary or secondary school teachers of English in other schools.
- University degree holders with an interest in bilingual education.
Note: For point 3 the average mark of the student record and the Curriculum Vitae will be taken into account.
For the Developing English Teaching Skills track:
- In-service teachers of English at primary, secondary schools or Official Language Schools
- Those with degrees in English Studies or Certified Foreign Language Teachers (English)
- Graduates or qualified professionals with an interest in the teaching of English
Note: For points 2 y 3 the average mark of the student record and the Curriculum Vitae will be taken into account.
Students will be enrolled as students of the University of Alcalá and are therefore required to pay for the tuition fees set by the educational authorities of Madrid. For details about fees, please see the information in the Escuela de Postgrado’s website, which can be found in the link “Public Prices”.
Tuition fees may be paid in full or in two instalments, with the first instalment due in October and the second instalment due in January.
Some tuition scholarships are offered for postgraduate studies. See the following link of the Postgraduate School, University of Alcalá (go to Scholarships and Grants) or visit the Ministry of Universities website.
Frequently asked questions
1. Is my C1 certificate accepted? / Which C1 certificates are accepted?
In order to find out if your C1 certificate is valid, please refer to the following table: https://proyectos.crue.org/acreditacion/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2022/03/tabla_equivalencias_ingles_02_03_2022.pdf
2. Is it compulsory to do an internship in an educational institution (Observed Teaching Practice)?
The Observed Teaching Practice (OTP) is compulsory for those students who are not working as teachers while they are taking the Master.
3. Is it possible to take the master's degree entirely online?
No, it is not. The master’s degree is a blended learning programme, so attending face-to-face lessons is compulsory in all cases. The face-to-face lessons are taught from Monday to Friday, from 17:30 to 20:30..
4. Can I register as a part-time student?
Yes, you can register part-time. In fact, if you work full-time, we recommend that you take the Master’s degree in two academic years. However, you should bear in mind that the maximum length of the study is three years.
5. How do I take my exams?
There are no written exams in any of the modules of the Master’s degree. Students are assessed through continuous evaluation by means of task submissions, class individual and group work, essays, projects, oral presentations, activities in the virtual platform, etc.
6. Where can I find information on admission and registration? What about fees and grants?
If you need information on the admission and registration process or public fees and grants you can apply for, please visit the University site at: https://www.uah.es/es/estudios/Ensenanza-del-Ingles-como-Lengua-Extranjera/